Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Synechdoche and Apostrophe

Synecdoche


The Crown sat atop his throne. The jewels glistening from the sun pouring in through the magnificent windows. His head held high as he observed the people who gathered below him. The sounds of his speech bellowed across the courtyard below him. He consumed the cheers echoing all around. When they began to die out, he rose, left his final thoughts, and walked calmly inside his Castle.


Apostrophe

Standing over the casket, John could not stop the tears from cascading down his face. “I told myself I wouldn’t cry” he thought. “Death, why do you always have to take what I love the most. First it was my mother, and now my father too.” The death of his mother had hit him hard, leaving him with a feeling of guilt, as well as self pity, but this was a thousand times worse. He had lost the only person he had left in the world. He lost the person who helped him through his mothers death, and now he had nobody left to turn to. He was alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment